Gay and Lesbian Domestic Violence Bibliography
Community United Against Violence
- Men Who Beat the Men Who Love Them by David Island and Patrick Letellier. New York: Harrington Park Press, 1991
- Naming the Violence: Speaking Out About Lesbian Battering edited by K. Lobel. Seattle, WA: Seal Press, 1986.
- Violent Betrayal: Partner Abuse in Lesbian Relationships by Claire Renzetti. Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications, Inc., 1992.
- Not So Different, After All by Patricia King. New York, NY: Newsweek, October 4, 1993.
- The Violence At Home by Katrin Snow. Los Angeles, CA: The Advocate, June 4, 1992, pp. 60-63.
- Battered Husbands--Domestic Violence in Gay Relationships by Michael Szymanski. Los Angeles, CA: Genre Magazine, Fall 1991, pp. 35-37, 44, 73.
- The Scourge of Domestic Violence by David Island, PhD. and Patrick Letellier, MA. Gaybook, @9. San Franscisco, CA: Rainbow Ventures, Inc., Winter 1990, pp.11-14.
- Battered Lovers--The Hidden Problem of Gay Domestic Violence. Los Angeles, CA: The Advocate, March 4th, 1986, pp.42-46.
- When Gays BatterTheir Partners by David Tuller. San Francisco Chronicle, January 3, 1994, pp.1,A8.
- Lesbian Battery: Paying the Ultimate Price, by Mindy Ridgeway. San Francisco, CA: San Francisco Bay Times, May 5, 1994.
- Intimate Abuse: Domestic Violence in Lesbian Relationships by Marissa J. Ventura. Deneuve, July/August 1995, pp. 40-42.
- Gay and Bisexual Domestic Violence Victimization: Challenges to Feminist Theory and Responses to Violence by Patrick Letellier. Violence and Victim, Vol 9, No 2, 1994, pp. 95-106.
- Compounding the Triple Jeopardy: Battering in Lesbian of Color Relationships by Valli Kanuha. found in Diversity and Complexity in Feminist Theory,Haworth Press, 1990, pp. 169-184.
- Confronting Homophobia: A Manual for Battered Woman's and Anti-Sexual Assault Programs edited by P. Elliot and J. Guth. St. Paul: Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women, 1990.
- Confronting Lesbian Battering edited by P. Elliot. St. Paul: Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women, 1990.
- Lesbian and Gay Domestic Violence: A Resource edited and published by Tuscon United Against Domestic Violence, April 1995. Available by contacting The Brewster Center at 510-881-7201.
- Violence Between Lesbian Couples: A Between Groups Comparison by Vallerie Coleman (an unpublished doctoral dissertation). University Microfilms International, 9109022, 1990.